Monday 6 August 2012

tai chi ponies and fancy beach huts

It suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't left London for more than one night since Berlin last Sept - yup that's right - 11 months (and for Mitch it's been even longer)! Don't get me wrong, I love my city especially with all the olympics stuff going on at the moment, but it's important to get away every once in a while. So, holiday-starved & mini-break deprived, Mitch and I packed a small suitcase and headed south for a couple of days to the New Forest.

Needless to say, it was absolutely bliss, from the coach trip down there (only 20 quid return on national express *amazing*), to the kind hospitality of my auntie and uncle (who not only let us stay, but fed us AND took us to their awesome gym, with I might add, had an awesome outdoor swimming pool) not to mention all  the fresh country air and beautiful scenery. I didn't take that many pictures as I was, quite frankly, enjoying myself too much and being thoroughly relaxed.

New Forest ponies in the zone. 
We saw loads of them, mostly in groups and standing very still, like this, and thought they might be performing some sort of pony tai chi...perhaps not.

Aside from deer watching, forest exploring and cream-tea scoffing we also went to the beach - hengistbury head to be precise - which was absolutely glorious. The fact that I can't actually remember the last time I went to the coast and paddled in the sea is a crime but a day on the Dorset coast soon sorted that out. The sun was shinning, the sea was cold, the beach huts were cute and I ate a magnum - not much more a girl could ask for really.
One last thing to mention about the trip - another thing I haven't done in aaaaaages is go swimming in a pool (we're talking years here) mostly because the idea of putting on a swim-suit gives me that horrible sinking/sicky feeling. Whilst away I went swimming in an outside pool (as well as making use of the steam room and jacuzzi) twice! (kinda a big deal for me) How come? Well, that horrible feeling I've come to associate with  swimming get-up shall be experienced no longer because I have the perfect swim-suit. I know, I didn't think it existed either: decent looking AND it keeps the breasts secure and under control....Behold! The wondrous suit! 
This crap picture I took really doesn't do it justice so here it is on ASOS :)
I actually said to Mitch it's like having a super-hero costume - I put it on and I feel awesome - and that doesn't happen v.often with regular clothes so you know this swim-suit is pretty special.


Waiting for us on our return was Brixton Splash - a super fun street town party with music, stalls and of course delicious food all in aid of celebrating Jamaica's independence (50 years!). Sadly I only took one pic - this time because I was too busy stuffing my face with seriously good jerk chicken and goat curry *lush*. We also found that our garden is well on it's way to delivering us some more eats! Three courgettes no less :D 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this swimsuit. Ahhh I miss living near the beach...beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you both - but really the scenery must take full credit :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...