Wednesday 7 November 2012

I finished my scarf!

As the title of this post suggests, over the weekend I finally finished knitting my first ever scarf! It's by no means perfect but I am quite pleased with it. It's taken me quite a few months to complete and there were about three occasions where I unravelled it (at various stages of completion) and started again – I think Mitch thought I was a little mad but it just wasn't working for me. Even though I had enough wool to make the scarf one colour I wanted to try changing colours and I didn't want it to be plain old garter stitch all the way through so I found a pattern online (yes I know, I do get a little over ambitious when trying out something new. It's actually more like impatience. What's that saying that comes to mind...you can't run before learning to walk...). Anyway, I really like the pattern (triangles, of course!) and I found it fairly easy to follow once I got the hang of it (experienced knitters, please forgive me for being an outright novice)!
Here's a close up of that triangle pattern
It's a big beast, I can easily wrap it around me twice. I think my next one won't be as huge. Yup that's right, there will be a next one. I'm thinking chevrons might be cool...



4 comments:

  1. awesome! congrats lady, looks ACE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super lovely and just in time for the winter weather!
    Jo :-) x
    adventuresandteaparties.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love this! You have such a cute blog :)
    if you have a spare moment, maybe check out mine and if you like it, follow back?
    www.lestyle-reste.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...